Woman And Grandchild Electrocuted, Their Backs Ripped Open In Anambra - Nicole Kaima's Blog


Monday, May 18, 2020

Woman And Grandchild Electrocuted, Their Backs Ripped Open In Anambra

In what people are now calling a black Monday, an elderly woman identified as Patience and her granddaughter,
Adaeze was electrocuted on Monday, May 18, 2020, at the popular St. Peter Clavers Junction, in Nnewichi-Nnewi Anambra state. 

The woman who is popularly called Nne Sam sells fried yam and beancakes (akara) at the Junction and is reportedly friendly with everyone in the neighborhood.

READ ALSO: Man Brutally Flogs His Mother With A Cane For Quarrelling With His Wife (Video)

Her granddaughter Adaeze started sitting with her during the lockdown as kids were ordered to stay at home.  

The electrocution happened when a low EEDC high tension wire, landed on the container where the woman sells akara and yam. 

An eyewitness who witnessed the tragic incident, revealed that, a truck carrying old and used iron rods dragged down the low EEDC wire which landed on the container; 

“When the incident occurred initially, Patience and her granddaughter ran into the container for safety. Suddenly, the wire started burning on the container and I think that was what affected them,” she said. 

READ ALSO: The Nigerian Army Robbed Its Soldiers And Scotland Of N269m – Aggrieved Soldier

Another eyewitness blamed the incident on the very low wires and poles; 

“If the wires and poles were not too low, this would not have happened.” 

Patience and Adaeze were quickly taken to Rose of Sharon Specialist hospital at St. Peter's Clavers road, where they were confirmed dead.  

According to another eyewitness who helped rush the victims to the hospital, said;

 “When I picked up the young girl from the container into the car I knew she would not survive because her back tore into two, I could see her spinal cord.” 

He added that the doctor at Rose of Sharon hospital used two different oxygen on both patients on arrival but they were already dead. 

The police, EEDC and other security agencies arrived the scene of the incident an hour later.

READ ALSO: There's No COVID-19, Nigeria Is Just Using It To Eat Money – Pastor David Ibiyeomie (Video)

Meanwhile, her family members and neighbour's who visited the scene of the electrocution and have been thrown into mourning.

See Pictures;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you can leave a comment below